This new trek route falls entirely within Sikkim. We begin in the small village of Uttarey and trek to Chiwabhanjang on the Singalila ridge to continue on to Goechala. Opened as recently as the year 2000, this trail is not much frequented by trekkers. There are sections of narrow paths, ups and downs, and some scree walking but for the most part, the trek follows a good path used mainly by yak herders in Sikkim.
On this wilderness trail, we walk up towards what is actually the border between Nepal, Sikkim and West Bengal. Dotted with beautiful high altitude lakes and passing several passes, this trek gives the opportunity of viewing Mount Everest – Kanchenjunganot and many more. Only once at a specific high point but several times over the days as you cross the passes. This trail finally joins with the main west Sikkim trekking trail at Dzongri where the option is to continue to Goechala – the final viewpoint where the left shoulder of Kanchenjunga stands just 9km away as the crow flies or descend to Yuksom for those with time limitations. The advantage of this trek is that it is a round trip. Still, a relatively new trek, the Sikkim Ridge trek promises to be among the best with its crowning glory of Kanchenjunga seen from several vantage points along this trek.
Pickup from Bagdogra airport, transfer to Darjeeling. Overnight @ Hotel.
Transfer from Darjeeling to Uttarey. Overnight @ Lodge / Guest House.
Trek to Chiwabhanjyang from Uttarey. Overnight @ Tent
Acclimatization at Chiwabhanjyang. Overnight @Tent
Trek to Ghairi from Chiwabhanjyang. Overnight @ Tent
Trek to Dhor from Ghairi. Overnight @ Tent
Trek to Pare Megu from Dhor. Overnight @ Tent
Trek to Lam Pokhari from Pare Megu. Overnight @ Tent
Trek to Gomathang via Dafey Bhir. Overnight @ Tent.
Trek to Pangden from Gomathang. Overnight @ Tent.
Trek to Bikbari from Pangden. Overnight @ Tent.
Trek to Dzongri from Bikhbari. Overnight @ Tent.
Trek to Thangsingh from Dzongri. Overnight @ Tent.
Trek to Lamey from Thangsingh. Overnight @ Tent
Trek to Tshoka from Thangsingh. Overnight @ Tent
Trek to Yuksom from Tshoka. Overnight @ Lodge / Guest House.
Drive back to Darjeeling or Bagdogra airport from Yuksom.
- Experienced English speaking guide.
- Transport to and from Darjeeling
- All necessary paperwork and permits in Mountain and National park (entrance and permit fees)
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- Accommodation during the trek at guesthouse/lodge or family homestay
- Bed Tea
- Evening Tea
- Hot water for drinking
- Our guide will carry a comprehensive medical kit including high altitude sickness tablets
- Medical examination (if required) and vaccination costs
- Visa costs
- Personal expenditure i.e. soft drinks/beer on the trek, extra snacks for the trek.
- Meals in Darjeeling before or after the trek Travel insurance