The homestay trekking in Darjeeling we provide is away from the hustle and bustle of city life and heavy traffic and puts you in a world of a unique culture. You will explore the breathtaking nature of the mountains in a cosy and peaceful environment and experience the best Nepalese and Sikkim hospitality. Our guests get rural accommodation in a simple but warm family home-style and are spoiled with local food.
By living with the host family, you will be both a part of the local population of this region, as well as learn about their history, culture, social communities, food, festivals, etc. You can spend the time of your stay in such a way that you are mostly with the host family or you can also spend more time with yourself as you wish. It’s the easiest way to learn about the culture and life of the locals. In this way, you can make friends with the local people and stay friends for the rest of their lives.
You will experience many exciting moments, such as short walks, village tours, exploring tea plantations, picnics in rural lodges with local food without abundant masala or hot spices, much better than hotels. You get to know the lifestyle of the population best by participating in one of their jobs, eg. B. in the simple biological village kitchen to help cook.
Darjeeling – Tumling
Tumling – Dhotray – Dangia
Dangia – Singbongdara / Arubotay
Singbongdara / Arubotay – Majuwa
Majuwa – Maneybhanjyang
Maneybhanjyang – Darjeeling
- Experienced English speaking guide.
- Transport to and from Darjeeling
- All necessary paperwork and permits in Mountain and National park (entrance and permit fees)
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- Accommodation during the trek at guesthouse/lodge or family homestay
- Bed Tea
- Evening Tea
- Hot water for drinking
- Our guide will carry a comprehensive medical kit including high altitude sickness tablets
- Medical examination (if required) and vaccination costs
- Visa costs
- Personal expenditure i.e. soft drinks/beer on the trek, extra snacks for the trek.
- Meals in Darjeeling before or after the trek Travel insurance