This trail takes us from the heart of the tea estates up to the gateway of Kanchenjunga, down to the raging Tamur River and then up to the charming townships of Gupha Bazaar and Chainpur. The ride is a mix of trails and jeep tracks with singletrack options for good riders. Full vehicle support means we can enjoy the downhills and not suffer through the ups. Highlights of the area are the super friendly local people totally unaccustomed to tourists, stunning views of the Eastern Himalaya and experiencing local traditions and delicacies like Tea, Thungba (Hot Fermented Millet), Sukuti (Spicy Dried Meat) and Nepal’s National Flower the Rhododendron.
This is an epic ride that can be tailored to suit your needs. We can make a super challenging touring style ride with big climbs and big descent, or enduro style with full vehicle support for lovers of super-technical singletrack. We can also shorten it to just a tea garden ride.
Who’s it for?
Fit Mountain Bikers or Cyclists looking for a long touring style trip with great scenery, technical or easy trail options. Riders who want to get off the beaten track
14 days from Kathmandu to Kathmandu (Custom itineraries also available)
Good cardio fitness and ability to ride long uphill climbs of 1000 meters or more in a day
Intermediate, trails are flowing and not so technical. All the way Jeep Track options are also available
A mix of Local and Comfort, limited WiFi, but always nice!
Arrival in Nepal
Shivapuri National Park Ride
Fly to Bhadrapur and Ride to Pashipatinagar
Loop Ride to Antu Dada and Green Tea Factory
Pasupatinagar to Maipokhari (Illam)
Maipokhara to Phidim
Phidim to Suketar
Suketar to Doban
Doban to Sagu
Sagu to Ghupa Bazaar
Ghupa Bazaar to Chainpur
Chainpur to Tumlintar and Fly to Kathmandu
Kathmandu Recovery Day
For the full trip, details and price please kindly email us and we will get right back to you.
- Experienced Mountain Biking & English speaking guide.
- Hydraulic Mountain Bike
- All meals on the trek, including boiled water
- Tents and mats
- Cook and porters
- Yaks/ponies for carrying tents and cooking equipment
- All trekking permits, national park fees and camera fees
- Our guide will carry a comprehensive medical kit including high altitude sickness tablets
- Medical examination (if required) and vaccination costs
- Visa costs
- Personal expenditure i.e. soft drinks/beer on the trek, extra snacks for the trek.
- Meals in Darjeeling before or after the trek Travel insurance