Island peak, another name Imja Tse (6173m) looks like an island in a sea of ice that’s why somehow it’s called island peak. It’s situated at the top of the Imja Khola valley in the Khumbu region. To climb the island peak is technical and straightforward so that the climber must use the component of climbing materials like ice axe and crampons. The most difficult section is a mixed rock and ice wall at the slope of around 45 degrees leading to the narrow summit ridge. Our trek will begin after our 30 minutes flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and it will continually go up to Chukung valley passing through very beautiful Sherpa villages.
- A scenic Twin otter flight to Lukla (2800m), gateway to the highest peak on earth, Everest.
- Climb to the glaciated summit of Island Peak 6173 meters above sea level
- Our experienced guides are there to ensure your safety and enjoyment
- Close view of the Himalayan giants – Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Cho-Oyu, and Amadablam.
- Develop high altitude expedition experience and skills
- Meet, trek and climb with the friendly and famous local Sherpa people
- English speaking guide
- Transport to and from Yuksom
- All meals on the trek, including boiled water
- Tents and mats
- Cook and porters
- Yaks/ponies for carrying tents and cooking equipment
- All trekking permits, national park fees and camera fees
- Our guide will carry a comprehensive medical kit including high altitude sickness tablets
- Medical examination (if required) and vaccination costs
- Visa costs
- Personal expenditure i.e. soft drinks/beer on trek, extra snacks for the trek etc
- Meals in Darjeeling before or after the trek
- Travel insurance