Amadablam Expedition – the world’s most technical peak climbing in the Himalayas.
Amadablam expedition offers the most superb, technical climbing experience in the Himalayas. There is no doubt that spectacular Ama Dablam is one of the world’s most impressive mountain peaks standing at the center of the Khumbu valley in Nepal. Due to its unique, sharply pointed soaring shape, ascending this sheer peak is the ultimate dream of many climbers worldwide. They aspire to conquer it and stand on the incredible summit with its close panoramic views of magnificent Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Makalu and many more Himalayan peaks. If you have good previous climbing experience and wish to participate fully as a team member of an expertly led expedition to one of the world’s most technical peak climbs, then our Ama Dablam expeditions will ideally provide your ultimate challenge.
The expedition to the summit of Amadablam peak is technically demanding and presents every supreme challenge imaginable: ice, rock, scrambling, breathtaking views, great approaches and a wonderfully situated base camp in a meadow with a stream. All climbers need to have really good skills in rock and ice climbing and be technically competent to join this Amadablam expedition. On most parts of the climbing routes, there will be fixed ropes, however, all climbers should have a good knowledge and practice of the skills of climbing on steep rock and hard compact ice. We follow the standard South West ridge route to the summit as it is considered the safest route, free from most dangers such as avalanches. During our challenging Amadablam climbing expedition, we always make every effort to keep you completely safe and happy.
- English speaking guide
- Transport to and from Yuksom
- All meals on the trek, including boiled water
- Tents and mats
- Cook and porters
- Yaks/ponies for carrying tents and cooking equipment
- All trekking permits, national park fees and camera fees
- Our guide will carry a comprehensive medical kit including high altitude sickness tablets
- Medical examination (if required) and vaccination costs
- Visa costs
- Personal expenditure i.e. soft drinks/beer on trek, extra snacks for the trek etc
- Meals in Darjeeling before or after the trek
- Travel insurance