White Water Rafting in Teesta has been introduced by DGHC (Darjeeling Gorkha Hill Council, now GTA) in 1991 and has been consistently gaining popularity since then. It’s fun and exciting. In rafting, there are 6 grades or levels of difficulty depending on the rapids or the current in the river. Grade-1 (with flat calm water) is the easiest.
- One has to sign ‘Assumption of Risk and Release’ bond before undertaking the rafting trip.
- Foreign tourists require carrying their passport which needs to be shown while signing the bond and also while crossing the Teesta Bridge.
- You should wear shorts and carry an extra pair of shoes/sneakers, sunscreen lotion, water bottle, an additional set of dry clothes etc.
- If you have heart problems, epilepsy etc, it is advisable not to undertake the trip.
- You must not drink alcohol at least 6 hours before the trip.
- Age: minimum 5 pax – Maximum 6 pax