Explore the Eastern Himalaya / Singalila Ridge in style while staying at high-end lodges of the Sandakphu regions.
Our Sandakphu Luxury Lodge itinerary uses the high end for accommodation which is at a standard far better than anything else available in the area. The lodges provide comfortable bedrooms and western toilets. The bedrooms in these lodges are not heated however in winter months there will be a heater in the communal areas.
Your holiday begins with a guided sightseeing tour exploring Darjeeling.
The following day, we leave for the trek. Traverse through hills and forests, staying in the village upon the village. Each night you will stay in a private lodge. Eat the local cuisine, which is often more hygienic and organic than food in the cities. Learn how to make some of the foods in the process! Experience the peaceful environment and lovely Nepalese and Sikkimese hospitality. Learn about their history, culture, customs, food, and festivals while staying with them. In fact, if you would like to schedule your trek during one of the exciting festivals, we can arrange for that! Just let us know. You can read books about these local ethnic groups, but to actually live with them is a much more authentic experience. The connections you make will last a lifetime!
Few treks connect you this well with the local people, facilitating a learning experience between both groups. It is truly a once in a lifetime experience. The snapshots of the natural landscapes and wildlife will be remembered, but it is the genuine moments that you share with the native people that are most cherished.
- Enjoy your unaffected stay at home regardless of seasons.
- The traditional cuisine or even try one yourself.
- Visit the pristine place known only to the locals.
- Taste tradition and savoury flavour of Darjeeling tea and tenderness of comfort.
- Get to know the lifestyle of the village people by participating in one of their domestic jobs.
- Get to know more about the ethnic people of the village about their culture & lifestyle.